The NCSC provides assistance to constituents in responding to the technical and organisational aspects of cyber security incidents. Advisories on risks, threats and vulnerabilities are provided to constituents on a need-to-know basis. They can include recommendations and mitigating measures. Alerts are provided to specified constituents in response to specific information security intelligence.
In addition to incident response services, NCSC provides a range of proactive services to its constituency:
- Anti-phishing notification & removal of malicious websites;
- Compromised (infected) systems detection;
- Stolen credentials notification;
- Notification of malware targeting the constituency;
- General security announcements (non-public);
- Development of security tools;
- Malware analysis;
- Vulnerability notification.